Sunday, May 21, 2006

is my head too small?

so, interesting news....

i knew all along that my parents were married one year more than my age. handy little tip, easy to figure out. but i always kinda assumed that meant they were married for a year and then got pregnant.

last night during dinner at thai ginger (oh so yummy restaurant in redmond, on par with saladang quality, but tiny tiny portions) we were talking about how my dads parents got married because of him. so thought a little bit about my bday and their anniversary and realized that my parents got pregnant the first year of marriage. now that sucks, dont you think? i would want a couple years baby free to enjoy married life. but then i actually stopped to count. june, july, august....february. thats only 8 months. and i was a few days late. 8 months. late. my mom was pregnant when they got married?!

my dad didnt quite understand this, as he had always assumed that i was conceived in europe during their honeymoon, as afterwards is when they found out. and when i went home to ask my mom, she had that sheepish smile as she tried to bluff her way out of it. turns out, she was pregnant a whole month before the wedding. and didnt know. she also didnt know during the honeymoon. in france. which means that my mother was drinking alcohol, beer, redwine, champagne, for the first 2 months of my gestation! when i figured this out, i frantically checked the mirror. why yes, my head did seem abnormally small, and didnt i always reverse numbers, and wasnt i oh so forgetful of names, faces, things people said 2 minutes ago? oh my god i had fetal achohol syndrome!

oh how wonderful to have another thing to give my mom a hard time about...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding me? Your head is huge. It's almost disproportional to the rest of your body. Big head.